Sunday, September 07, 2008

Reading Questionaire found on LibraryThing

Ok i found this one on LibraryThing but it was originally published in the Shelf Awareness publication. I saw a lot of people have filled it out so Ill fill it out too lol

Thanks to the Kittling blog for the idea!!



On your nightstand now:
On my nightstand now is Sweet Revenge by Diane Mott Davidson and also The Good Daughter of W. Lee. I am about halfway through Sweet Revenge and am enjoying it however it seemed to take longer to get good then the others in the series. I can't wait to finish it tho I'm really baffled about the outcome of this one. The Good Daughter is the next for me to read. It's a buddy read with my Best Bud Amy. We do a lot of reads together and this is the next on the master plan lol.

Book you've "faked" reading:
No, I have never "faked" it as far as a can remember, with all i do in a day if i have the book in my hand and it's open then i am reading it as i dont get much time to read so i dont have time to fake it.

Book you've bought for the cover:
I don't buy very many books really, but I am horrible about picking books at the library just because of the covers. The latest was the Sarah Mylnowski series, All about Rachel. Great series if I do say so myself.

Favorite book when you were a child:
I had 2 favorites when I was younger and they were Dear Mr. Henshaw and Are You There God, It's me Margaret. I read these so much that I owned no less then 3 copies each lol they just kept falling apart. I have recently gotten them again from the library to reread. I also found out that Are You There God is part of the most challenged books I just can't believe that lol.

Book that changed your life:
The best life changing book?? I guess I have 2 of them, Catcher in the Rye and A Child called It.  Of course for different reasons. Catcher in the Rye was an eye opening expierce in the general life situation and  A Child Called It really touched me because I am a parent. I recommend both of these books to everyone.

Favorite line from a book:
I can't remember what book but it's one of my life philosophies: When you think your life is as bad as it gets just turn the next corner and you will change your mind for ever.

Top five favorite authors:
Oh another hard one lol. This changes constantly I am always on the lookout for new authors. but here goes with the list right now
1. VC Andrews
2. Diane Mott Davidson
3. James Patterson
4. Sarah Mlynowski
5. Nora Roberts

Books you recommend as regeneration when people say, "I'm bored by almost all contemporary American writers"
I would have to recommend Catch in the Rye for a classic type book. Or for something newer the Alex Cross series or the Goldie Bear series by Diane Mott Davidson.

Book you can't believe that everyone has not read and loved:
I hate to say it but it would have to be the Harry Potter series

Book you are an "evangelist" for:
The Goldie Bear Series by Diane Mott Davidson and The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich

Book you most want to read again for the first time:
Catcher in the Rye would be a good one to read again for the first time. However I would like to read the Harry Potter Series and the Stephanie Plum Series for the first time again too lol.



1 comment:

Cathy said...

It is so much fun to read everyone's answers to these questions. Thanks for participating!