Thursday, September 04, 2008

Booking through Thursday



This is today's Booking through Thursday's question for thought:

I was looking through books yesterday at the shops and saw all the Twilight books, which I know basically nothing about. What I do know is that I’m beginning to feel like I’m the *only* person who knows nothing about them.

Despite being almost broke and trying to save money, I almost bought the expensive book (Australian book prices are often completely nutty) just because I felt the need to be ‘up’ on what everyone else was reading.

Have you ever felt pressured to read something because ‘everyone else’ was reading it? Have you ever given in and read the book(s) in question or do you resist? If you are a reviewer, etc, do you feel it’s your duty to keep up on current trends?



I feel pressured all the time to read certain books because everyone else does. I try to get the books to read when i can. I try to keep up with the current trends as a blog reviewer however i only give in to the book if I think i will actually enjoy it. I did this with the Harry Potter series, I was working at a book store and just had to know what all the hype was. That's my noseyness coming out lol. But yes I do tend to get pressured into at least checking out those books and some have been a good find and some not so good.

1 comment:

SmilingSally said...

I did not care for Harry Potter.